PlushCare takes content accuracy seriously so that we can be your trusted source of medical information. Most articles are reviewed by M.D.s, Ph.D.s, NPs, or NDs. Click here to meet the healthcare professionals behind the blog.
Can You Get a Diflucan Prescription Online?
If you’ve had a yeast infection or a baby with thrush, you may already be familiar with Diflucan, or maybe it's your first time dealing with a yeast infection/thrush and you simply want to know if you can get a Diflucan prescription online. That way, you don’t need to drive all the way to your doctor’s office just to tell them about your yeast infection or your baby’s thrush.
Let’s talk about Diflucan, what it is, how it works, its benefits and side effects, and how you can get a Diflucan prescription online.
What is Diflucan?
While fungal infections typically cause thrush and vaginal yeast infections, a fungus can invade any part of the body, including the lungs, throat, esophagus, blood, or bladder.
How Does Diflucan Work?
Diflucan works by preventing fungus from making its own form of plant-based cholesterol that the fungus needs to survive. In this way, Diflucan works by killing the fungus that’s affecting you.
Diflucan Dosage and Treatment
You should take Diflucan exactly as prescribed by your doctor. It’s available as a cream, tablet, or liquid suspension. The course of treatment will depend on the type of fungal infection. Vaginal infections often only require a single dose of Diflucan, while other types of infections will require longer treatment and may start with a double dose.
Benefits of Diflucan
Side Effects of Diflucan
As with all medications, Diflucan does present a risk of side effects, including:
- Stomach pain
- Chills, body aches, fever, flu symptoms
- Rash or skin lesions
- Severe stomach or abdominal pain
- Changes in your sense of taste
- Easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness
- Swelling of the mouth, lips, and tongue
- Trouble breathing
- A drop in white blood cell count or platelet count
- Changes in heart rhythm or electrical activity in the heart
- High triglycerides, low potassium levels in the blood
- Severe and potentially life-threatening skin reactions such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome or toxic epidermal necrolysis (TENs)
- Liver failure and inflammation, including an increase in liver enzyme levels and yellowing of the nails, skin, and whites of the eyes
Considerations and Precautions of Diflucan
Diflucan isn’t appropriate for every patient or every situation. It may cause interactions with other medical conditions you may have or other medications that you take.
Always tell your doctor about every medication you take, including over-the-counter medications, as well as vitamins and supplements. Diflucan can cause interactions with hundreds of medications, including:
- Erythromycin-containing drugs
- Hismanal (astemizole)
- Juxtapid (lomitapide)
- Lozol (indapamide)
- Nebupent (pentamidine)
- Norpace (disopyramide)
- Orap (pimozide)
- Statins for cholesterol
- Drugs for irregular heartbeat
- Estrogen-containing drugs
- Coreg (carvedilol)
- Certain cancer drugs
- Coumadin (warfarin)
- Medications for mood and/or depression
- Foradil or Perforomist (formoterol)
- Migergot or Cafergot (ergotamine) and Migranal (dihydroergotamine)
- Psychiatric medications
Other Diflucan considerations
Diflucan shouldn’t be taken by people with certain medical conditions. Always tell your doctor if you have any chronic health conditions, but be especially certain to tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant
- Have kidney problems
- Are taking medications that change heart rhythm or conduction like Ery-tab (erythromycin), Orap (pimozide), or quinidine
- Are allergic to azoles (the building block of a certain class of antifungal drugs that includes fluconazole)
Can You Buy Diflucan Online?
If you’ve used Diflucan in the past to treat something like a yeast infection, you may be wondering if you can buy Diflucan online. Federal law requires you to have a conversation with a doctor before you can get any prescription medication, and you must then pick up that medication from a reliable pharmacy.
While some websites claim they can ship medications like Diflucan to your door from pharmacies in another country, you can’t be sure you’re getting a safe product since you’re buying from a website that skirts the law.
Luckily, there is a safe, legal way to buy Diflucan online. All you have to do is make a video or phone appointment with one of PlushCare’s trusted doctors. They will talk to you about your medical history and current symptoms and medications. Then, if they think you'll benefit from a Diflucan prescription, they can electronically send it to a pharmacy near you.
Click here or call (888) 497-3159 to make an appointment today to talk about how you can get Diflucan online.
Read More About Getting a Diflucan Prescription Online
- Can an Online Doctor Write a Prescription?
- How to Treat a Yeast Infection Online
- Yeast Infection Pill
- Natural Remedies for Yeast Infection
- How to Cure a Yeast Infection