Can You Get a Flexeril Prescription Online?
Yes, you can get a Flexeril prescription online. Here at PlushCare, one of our doctors can write and refill prescriptions through an online appointment. We can also help you choose a pharmacy where you can buy Flexeril online safely.
What is Flexeril and What Does it Treat?
How Does Flexeril Work?
Flexeril acts upon nerve fibers in the spinal cord that are connected to the musculoskeletal system. When you take Flexeril, nerve impulses that trigger pain sensations are blocked. This helps relieve symptoms such as pain, spasms, limitation of motion, and tenderness.
Flexeril does not directly repair or heal injuries. It is thus important to use Flexeril only as a supplement to rest and physical therapy.
Flexeril Dosage and Treatment
Flexeril comes as tablets or extended-release capsules, both are taken orally. Tablets are taken three times a day with or without food whereas extended-release capsules are taken once daily. Flexeril is taken for three weeks or less.
Guidelines for taking Flexeril:
- Swallow tablets or capsules whole without chewing or crushing them.
- If symptoms do not improve or worsen after three weeks, contact your doctor.
- Take Flexeril at the same time each day.
- Store in a cool dry place away from light.
Use Flexeril exactly as indicated by your doctor and follow directions on the prescription label. Overdose can occur.
Benefits of Flexeril
Flexeril helps relieve pain and relax your muscles while healing from a muscular injury. The side effect of drowsiness can be beneficial if muscle pain causes sleep difficulties. Flexeril is not regarded as an addictive substance and is not a regulated narcotic.
Side Effects of Flexeril
More common side effects of Flexeril (if these are regular or become worse, tell your doctor):
- Drowsiness or fatigue
- Dizziness and headaches
- Dry mouth or throat
- Constipation, diarrhea, or upset stomach
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle weakness
More severe side effects can occur. Experiencing any of the following can be an emergency and immediate medical care should be sought out.
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty urinating
- Allergic reaction (hives; swelling in the face, lips, tongue, or throat; or difficulty breathing)
- Chest pain
- Loss of coordination
- Difficulty moving or speaking
- Muscle stiffness
- Fever, sweating, or shivering
If you experience any side effects of Flexeril that are not listed here, tell your doctor.
Considerations and Precautions of Flexeril
Flexeril can be dangerous when taken by people with certain conditions. Discuss your medical history with a doctor before taking Flexeril, particularly if you have or have had any of the following:
- Thyroid disorders
- Heart problems (heart block, cognitive heart failure, heart rhythm disorders, a recent heart attack)
- Enlarged prostate
- Difficulty urinating
- Liver disease
- Increased eye pressure
- Flexeril is not effective for muscle spasms related to central nervous system disorders like cerebral palsy.
- Flexeril is not approved for patients who are younger than 15 years of age.
- Elderly patients or people with liver problems might be more sensitive to Flexeril. Such patients begin with small doses that are gradually increased.
- Due to the drowsiness side effect, patients taking Flexeril should not operate heavy machinery.
Known Drug Interactions:
- MAO inhibitors (e.g. Marplan, Nardil, Azilect, Eldepryl, and Parnate) cause serious, life-threatening side effects if taken within two weeks of Flexeril.
- Drowsiness from alcohol, marijuana, barbiturates, or other depressants can be exacerbated by Flexeril.
- Tricyclic antidepressants can increase the effect of Flexeril as well as increase the risk of serotonin syndrome (muscle twitching, tremors, confusion, heart palpitations, and sweating) .
Can You Take Flexeril if You Are Pregnant?
It is not known if Flexeril passes into breast milk, or if Flexeril is harmful to unborn babies. Still, we recommend discussing with your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant before using Flexeril.
Can you Buy Flexeril online?
Flexeril can be purchased safely online, however, online pharmacy scams do exist. The FDA has a guide for identifying rogue online pharmacies.
Warning signs that an online pharmacy is not legitimate:
- They sell prescription medicines without requiring a prescription or at a substantially discounted price
- They send you unsolicited marketing emails
- Are located outside of the US and do not have a US license pharmacist available for help
- They ship worldwide
Rogue pharmacies sell medications that are counterfeit or not approved. This is dangerous because of the following reasons:
- Incorrect dosages
- Incorrect active ingredients
- Improper storage
- Unexpected and unpredictable drug interactions
- Unknown side effects
- Contains harmful ingredients
Fortunately, there are reputable sites like PlushCare where you can discuss with a doctor online whether or not Flexeril is the best option for you. If a doctor decides that Flexeril it is right for you they can send your prescription to a local pharmacy for pick up. Buying Flexeril online through PlushCare is easy! Find out for yourself and book an appointment today.
PlushCare takes content accuracy seriously so we can be your trusted source of medical information. Most articles are reviewed by M.D.s, Ph.D.s, NPs, or NDs. Click here to meet the healthcare professionals behind the blog.
Read More About Getting Flexeril Online
- Can An Online Doctor Write A Prescription?
- Benefits Of An Online Doctor Consultation
- How Do Online Doctor Visits Work?