Can You Get a Lipitor Prescription Online?
Lipitor is the top-selling prescription drug of all time, exceeding $130 billion in sales. That means you’ve probably heard of it, but you may still have questions. Let’s talk about what Lipitor is and does, its benefits, the side effects, and if you can get a Lipitor prescription online.
What is Lipitor?
The brand name of atorvastatin, Lipitor is a statin medication that’s used to lower cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. In addition to reducing the levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol in your blood, Lipitor can also increase the levels of “good” HDL cholesterol in your blood.
Combined, these effects can help reduce the incidence of stroke, heart disease, and other heart-related conditions, especially in people with other risk factors like type 2 diabetes, smoking, or coronary artery disease.
How Does Lipitor Work?
Along with diet and exercise, Lipitor works by slowing cholesterol production in the body to decrease how much cholesterol may build up on the walls of the arteries and block blood flow to the brain, heart, and other parts of the body.
Lipitor Dosage and Treatment
Always use Lipitor as prescribed by your doctor. The average dose is 10-20 mg, but dosages can run as high as 80 mg per day. Lipitor is usually taken once a day, with or without food.
Benefits of Lipitor
Lipitor lowers your levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides while increasing your levels of “good” HDL cholesterol. This combination helps reduce your risk of stroke, heart attack, and other heart problems.
Side Effects of Lipitor
As with all medications, Lipitor carries the risk of potentially serious side effects and allergic reactions. Your doctor will only prescribe you Lipitor if they feel the potential benefits outweigh the potential risks. Side effects of Lipitor may include:
- Loss of appetite/weight loss
- Dark urine
- Upper stomach pain
- Clay-colored stools
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Muscle pain, weakness, or tenderness
- Unusual tiredness
- Increased thirst and urination and/or hunger/weight gain
- Fruity breath odor, dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Dry skin
- Memory problems, confusion, or other cognitive issues
Considerations and Precautions of Lipitor
Lipitor isn’t right for everybody, and some considerations must be taken into account to keep you safe when taking it. Always tell your doctor about all medications you take, including over-the-counter medications, as well as any medical condition you may have.
Lipitor can have negative reactions with not just certain drugs, but other things as well. Lipitor interactions include:
- Alcohol. Lipitor may cause liver damage, and drinking alcohol while on Lipitor increases the odds of liver damage occurring.
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice can cause the Lipitor levels in your blood to rise to dangerous levels. Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice while taking Lipitor.
- Antibiotics like clarithromycin (Biaxin) or erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole)
- Antifungal medicines like itraconazole (Sporanox), ketoconazole (Nizoral), fluconazole (Diflucan), or voriconazole (Vfend)
- Diltiazem (Cardizem, Cartia, Dilacor, Diltia, Diltzac, Taztia, Tiazac)
- Drugs that weaken your immune system, such as steroids, cancer medicine, or medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection, such as cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune), sirolimus (Rapamune), or tacrolimus (Prograf)
- Gemfibrozil (Lopid), fenofibric acid (Fibricor, Trilipix), or fenofibrate (Antara, Fenoglide, Lipofen, Lofibra, Tricor, Triglide)
- HIV medications such as darunavir (Prexista), ritonavir (Norvir), lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaletra), nelfinavir (Viracept), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), saquinavir (Invirase), or tipranavir (Aptivus)
- Medicines that contain niacin (Advicor, Niaspan, Niacor, Simcor, Slo-Niacin, and others)
- Oral contraceptives
- Telaprevir (Incivek)
Other Lipitor Considerations
Not everybody should take Lipitor. Lipitor can cause birth defects, so it should not be taken by anybody who is pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning on becoming pregnant. Women should also take care to avoid becoming pregnant while taking Lipitor.
Can You Buy Lipitor Online?
Some websites may claim that they can ship you Lipitor directly to your door without speaking to a doctor first. These websites are fraudulent, and you shouldn’t trust any product they ship you. By law, you must speak to a doctor before getting prescription medication like Lipitor.
Luckily, there is still a way that you can buy Lipitor online. With PlushCare, you can have a video or phone appointment with one of our experienced doctors. If they believe you would benefit from Lipitor, they can electronically send a prescription to your local pharmacy, where you will pick it up once it’s ready.
All you have to do is click here or call (888) 660-5348 to make an appointment with one of our trusted doctors. You’ll input all of your current medications, allergies, and medical conditions into our proprietary software, which will help your doctor determine if there are any problems with your current treatment plan. This reduces the chances of a medical error causing a dangerous drug interaction.
Make an appointment today to get Lipitor online!